My name is Jennifer Lenox. I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Special Education. After I receive my bachelor's degree, I plan to continue my education and receive my master's degree and become certified in Applied Behavior Analysis.

This blog is for me to communicate with future employers, employees, parents and collegues.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Bit About Me

I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Special Education. Once I have received my degree, I plan to continue my education and receive certification in Applied Behavior Analysis.

My heart's desire, my passion, is to work with children with Autism. What I have learned so far hasn't just come from the classroom; it has come from everyday real-life experience. Autism is a part of my life. My nine-year-old son, Jonah, was diagnosed with the disorder at age three. He is on the moderate to severe end of the spectrum.

As the parent of an autistic child, I can offer what few educators can... this true real-life experience. When the parents of my students come to me and ask me what they can do to help their child reach his/her full potential, I will be able to give them information and support not just as an educator, but as someone who truly understands the struggles, obstacles and problems that they and their child face every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment