My name is Jennifer Lenox. I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Special Education. After I receive my bachelor's degree, I plan to continue my education and receive my master's degree and become certified in Applied Behavior Analysis.

This blog is for me to communicate with future employers, employees, parents and collegues.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Blogs and the Classroom

Blogs are amazing. I believe that every teacher should have a blog for their classroom. Teachers can post homework assignments, tips, project information, and test information on their class blogs. Anyone with an internet connection can log on and view it. Parents of the students of these teachers no longer need ask, "What are you studying in school?", "Do you have homework?", or "What did you do today?". They can just log on to the class blog and see for themselves.

As a future educator, I'm excited about using blogs in my classroom. What an amazing tool! Since I will be teaching students with Autism, I believe that my students will probably not benefit directly from my class blog. But the parents of my students will! I plan to put quite a few helpful links and a lot of class information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment