My name is Jennifer Lenox. I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Special Education. After I receive my bachelor's degree, I plan to continue my education and receive my master's degree and become certified in Applied Behavior Analysis.

This blog is for me to communicate with future employers, employees, parents and collegues.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Have You Checked Out Alex?

ALEX is an amazing tool. ALEX stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. It is a source - in my opinion - the source - for educators. Information includes sample lesson plans, courses of study, requirements, and helpful teacher weblinks. Teachers can share their own lesson plans or use ones provided by other teachers.

The lesson plans on ALEX include a list of materials that will be needed for your students; local, state and national standards that must be met as well as the lessons' learning objectives. You can search for lesson plans by grade level, subject area, or both.

ALEX has a Professional Learning link and a Distance Learning link. The Professional Learning link provides up-to-date information on the latest teaching methods, requirements, research and standards. The Distance Learning link takes you to ACCESS (Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators and Students Statewide) site. ACCESS is a program established by the Alabama Department of Education that helps educators provide students with access to courses not offered at their school. It does exactly as it says, connects classrooms, educators and students.

ALEX is an amazing tool that I will be using every week when I begin teaching. I can't wait to get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment